Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Selective listening and Difensive Listening in Men

Most men are selective listeners. Why is that? It’s like when a game is on all their attention is focused on that game and nothing else. Why aren’t woman this way?
For instance, my boyfriend loves to play computer games. However, he doesn’t pay much attention to anything else while playing. Yes, he will talk to me, but no I can’t get him to do get up and do anything while he’s playing. It’s like he’s a kid. I think most woman experience this with their husbands or boyfriends. Men just have that instinct to shut down and concentrate on the task at hand whereas, woman can do multiple tasks at once.
When someone ignores me I upset. I hate repeating myself. Repeating yourself because someone didn’t hear you is one thing, repeating yourself because someone isn’t listening is a totally different story.
If I’ve learned one thing in the twenty one years of my life its “men you can’t live with them and you can’t live without them.”Selective hearing isn’t the only problem men typically have. They also can be defensive listeners if they are typically are listening for something that sounds defensive. I suppose this could relate to anyone, but I don’t have any female friends that get defensive when I call them out on something. However, when I call a guy friend out on something they get defensive

No comments:

Post a Comment