Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fallacy of helplessness

I’m such a perfectionist. When I was younger, I would have to start a assignment over because I was very particular about my hand writing. Now that I’m in college, I’ve gotten smart and I just type everything because it saves on time. Although I still have my little corks. For instance, everything needs to be clean at all times, and I’m not referring to my own house. Second, I have to make sure my door is shut a few time before I leave the house and before I go to sleep. Yes, I realize this is a form of obsession compulsive disorder, but I’ve also seen it as being a perfectionist. I don’t know why I am this way. Sometimes it really bothers me. For instances, when I’m rushing out the door and I have to go back to see if it’s locked. I sometimes wonder if a doctor could help me with this problem. Over the years, it has invaded my life more and more. For instance, I can’t stay at a friend’s house longer than a day because I’m scared that someones going to rob their house. Yes, its funny. However, it is what it is. When reading in the reference book Looking Out Looking In a perfectionist is also known as fallacy of helplessness. ( pg 147)

No comments:

Post a Comment