Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Pillow Method

The pillow method is a situation that has four sides to it like a pillow. The best example I can think of that relates to my life, but will affect others, is when I decided to moved up to my dad's so I could go to college.

Position 1: states I'm right and you’re wrong.
When I decided to move out of my mom's house, she wasn't too happy. Yes she was losing her baby, but I was also a big help around the house. I watched my little sisters and cleaned the house when needed. I knew she was going to miss that. However, I was more concerned about my needs, and what I needed to do to achieve the goals I want in life.

Position 2: Your right I'm wrong.
My dad was never in my life until I was older. When I want to go live with him, my mom was upset. She was the one who had taken care of me over the years. As far as she was concerned, she would make sure I would get into a college sooner or later.

Position 3: both right both wrong:
My mom was right when she said she cared for me and would see that I got into a good school if I stayed living with her. My mom was wrong in thinking she can have her children live with her forever. I was right that I needed to achieve my goals. However, I was wrong in thing I need to achieve them right away.

Position 4: This issue isn’t as important as it seems
Now that this issue has passed, It doesn't seem relevant anymore. At the time, we were at each other’s thoughts when it came to discussing the issue, but now when we look back on this situation it seemed like the best idea at the time.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice "Pillow Method" representation! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. This helped me understand the pillow method for one of my classes, thanks! BTW, a couple typos but I understood what you were saying. Well put.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This helped me understand the pillow method for one of my classes, thanks! BTW, a couple typos but I understood what you were saying. Well put.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The illustration is well explained. I grasped the Pillow Method very well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good example. if you do not mind, can I use it for my book? I am a teacher.

    ReplyDelete