Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thoughts

I'm finally get a hang of my communications class. Though it is sometimes hard to balance with my other classes. I like that there is a discussion board for question about the course. This has made the adjusting a lot easier.

Communication is a essential to our everyday lives. I think interpersonal communications and public speaking should both be required for the English credit. They both seem to inter twine. If you don't understand the forms of communication, how will you be able to use it when speaking in front of a group you just meat?

The three discussion questions this week seem pretty self explanatory. I hope they are all like this. I think the only hard part is coming up with examples you feel comfortable telling to complete strangers. When you think about it, we are strangers, even though we are discussing the same topics. This is where self disclosure comes into play.

Some communication techniques I need to work on are owning my own feelings, self disclosure, and unintentional communication. I always feel I’m disclosing too much information in certain situations. The most recent time I caught myself disclosing to much information is when I met my mom’s new husband for the first time. I couldn’t shut myself off. It seemed like I told him everything about myself.
Owning my feelings is another story. I feel like I always need to help everyone. Even when it affects me in a negative way. I need to work on saying NO at the appropriate time. Even if that means saying no when I should say yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment